Photo Credit: 9nong
Arthritis Pain Management: Gentle Elbow Exercises
Sometimes referred to as “tennis elbow,” elbow joint pain is one of the common symptoms when dealing with arthritis. In fact, the elbow is one of the most common locations for arthritis on your body.
Inflammation in your elbow can be the result of different types of arthritis, such as:
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Reactive arthritis
- Septic arthritis
- And other types of arthritis
Symptoms of arthritis in your elbow can range from slight stiffness to swelling, reduced range of motion, and pain (to name a few).
While the duration and intensity of elbow arthritis symptoms can vary across the board, there are ways to better manage elbow joint pain. Below, we’ve listed some gentle elbow exercises to help provide some relief.
4 Gentle Elbow Exercises to Relieve Arthritis Pain Management
The following are some gentle elbow exercises to aid in arthritis pain management:
- Sit (or stand) with your arms at your sides and palms face up.
- Bend your elbows, bringing your palms towards your shoulders.
- Straighten your arms, and return your arms to your sides.
- Repeat 10 times, slowly increasing the number of repetitions each day.
Remember that education, staying physically active and learning how to protect your joints are key to preventing and managing arthritis pain of the elbow.